Monday, January 28, 2008

The weekend update

The Smiths had a weekend to remember. First, on Saturday, Stephen officiated his first wedding for our friends Philip and Holly.  He did an AMAZING job--I was SOOOO proud of him.  Several people told him that it was sincerely the best wedding ceremony/message they had ever been to!  Madison was the flower girl, Jackson was the ring bearer, and I had the great honor of singing "I am Strong in the Lord" as the processional.  

Here are some precious pics from Saturday:









THEN, on Sunday, we made a huge announcement to our church family that we'll be moving back to Houston in February.  We are so sad to say good-bye to our precious friends here!  We are also overwhelmed at the opportunity that God has given us. It absolutely has been HIS work to bring this all about.  More updates on our transition to come in future posts! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous family!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Yes, we were in Houston hearing the announcement at the same time. We couldn't be more excited for you and this new opportunity. And we can't wait to have yall back in Houston! :)

Anonymous said...

So I just popped in to check on the Smiths and what fun to see those great pictures! I'm so jealous of all of Hope's hair! I am dying to use bows. :) Can't wait to hear what's bringing y'all back to Houston!

Anonymous said...

I am beside myself with JOY that you will be back with us!!! I love you and your family so much! I am praying for all to be done between now and then - and for all those wonderful people in Irving. I know you will be so so missed there. see you SOON!
(I love the pictures)
nancym.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures! Jackson could be a model! They are so cute. It was sure great talking to you Sunday! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

so awesome for y'all. we wish were back in houston.

love you guys.

candice

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful family I have! I need these pictures!

Anonymous said...

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! can't wait to have you back in houston - so selfish, i know :) and how gorgeous are your kids?!? you can see their sweet personalities shining through the pics - love 'em!! love you!!