Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ramblings. . .

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my blog-reading friends. I've totally been wanting to write a sweet, thoughtful Christmas-post but too much has happened and too much is happening! When I did sit down to write, I found out that all our Christmas pictures are on Stephen's computer and deleted from the card. . so NO PICTURES here to post! Yuck!

So. . . we'll just move along to current ramblings in Smith world in no particular priority order. :)

First, is High School Musical taking over anyone else's world besides mine? Those songs are everywhere I go! The other night when Madison's friend spent the night, they sat on the couch watching the movie and singing along with the songs on her new karaoke machine (Thank you, MawMaw!). It was pretty cute. They also wrote 2 more original songs--"Who's that Man?" and "It's the Word". They both sound a little bit like "Who's that Boy?". . . .Hmmmmm. . .

Second, these are the new foods that Hope-y has recently sampled: dog food (twice), Carmel corn, and Ritz crackers. The first 2 she obviously scavengered for on the floor--that girl can crawl like crazy! She can make it from the living room, through the breakfast room, through the kitchen and to the laundry room were we keep Gretel's food in no time!

Third, my Jacks-man is a nut! He plays non-stop! This morning, though, he got into some of Madison's nail polish!!! He "painted a stream" on the top rim of the tub! Fortunately it (mostly) came up. He also painted his nails! Exciting.



Fourth, my amazing husband surprised me last night with. . . an IPHONE!!!! No kidding!!! My 2nd hand Nokia has served me faithfully (again, thank you, MawMaw), but it was time to retire that baby! Funny, I just FEEL cooler when I hold it! :)

Fifth, I made a very easy, yummy supper last night, and I thought I'd share it with you busy girls out there. This recipe is from my mom's friend, but you call it Saucy Chicken and Pasta!

Ingredients:
1 8oz. cream cheese (full fat or fat-free)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (regular or 98% fat-free)
1 stick of butter (or 1/2 a stick)
Chicken tenders or breasts (about 3 breasts)
1 small pack angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti

Directions:
Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the soup and cream cheese, whisking to combine.
Put the chicken in a CROCK POT.
Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
Cook on HIGH for 4ish hours or LOW for 6ish hours.
Cook the angel hair pasta.
Serve the saucy chicken over the pasta.

**My mom made the original version for us over Thanksgiving, and it was so creamy and yummy! I made the the low-fat version (with whole-wheat pasta) last night for us, and it was super creamy and good. Next time I make it I'll experiment with adding a little garlic salt and/or onion powder.

Enjoy!!

Sixth, can I just complain for a sec? I really don't like taking down Christmas decorations!!!! What a mess. . I'm only half way through!!!

Seventh, my nephew Caden is hopefully going to be coming home before long. They're at least starting to seriously talk about it! Please keep praying that he'll continue gaining weight and get to come home soon!! Also, for Mel and Nathan to hold up.

Lastly, my precious husband is just not feeling well today. . he's been laying low all day. .. sore throat. . .looks like we'll be singing lots of girl-songs at church tomorrow!!

OK--I'm out. Time to feed Hope, wash more clothes, clean up this messy, messy house, be Stephen's nurse, cook supper, give 3 children baths, and get us ready for church tomorrow! See ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely be trying it.
The picture of Jackson is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

oh my word, i love you :) and HELLO an iphone?? so stinkin' cool! :) way to go stephen! as far as HSM goes, if i hear "fabulous" one more time i'm done :) love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I feel so updated on your life after reading this! I definitely need to try that recipe. And PTL that your nephew might be coming home soon!

Anonymous said...

star, you are a great cook so i will be trying out this recipe.

cj