Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bean There Done That

I told my friends at my Starbucks I would be moving to Houston in a few weeks.  I will miss my favorite blue chair in the corner. Pray for Sean this morning. 

Over the past 4 years or so, I have haunted little coffee shops in the early hours of the morning. Some of the best times alone with the Lord have been in those places where I am surrounded by the commotion of life. My affinity for Starbucks doesn't lie in their politics, but inside my grande-mild-drip in a venti cup. [+whole milk and 6 sweet and lows]

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi, Stephen. I am a member of the HFBC Gathering Singers. My husband Gene and I enjoy Starbucks, too. His City Mug collection currently is numbered at 30! There is a quiet Starbucks you might enjoy near HFBC, in the back of the Uptown Park shopping area, behind McCormick and Schmick's. It is off the 610 feeder road (headed toward Galleria) before you get to Post Oak. Blessings, Susan Barnett

stuart said...

Better with drive thru banter...