Friday, July 13, 2007

This is the great adventure. . .or at least it's some kind of adventure

We (3 kids, the dog, and I) are in Houston as of 5:45 tonight. Yes, I think I set a record. We left our house in Irving at exactly 1:23 pm and made it to Friendswood at 5:45. No stops. Seriously. We made NO stops. J-man slept, and then watched one movie. M watched one movie, and then read some books. Baby girl literally made not one peep. She fell asleep before we were on the freeway and woke up in Friendswood. I have the hands-down world's greatest baby! Gretel (the dog) slept the whole way, too, by the way. We made it in time to eat spaghetti and swim in the (blow-up) pool. . good times.

Also, I got my hair done today. What is it about going to get your hair fixed? It's always shinier, smoother, and in my case--a different color. What is it with me and changing my hair color lately? Really. What AM I trying to prove? That yes, you can have 3 children and still want to have great hair? That even though I do pony tales 4 days a week, I can still get fixed up when I want to? First it was the fire-engine red and vibrant blond (read: yellow) highlights. I told Glenn that I wanted dramatic, and I got it, all right. Red + yellow = orange. Well, it's dark brown now. Madison called it black. She also said she doesn't like it. I told her to wait 2-3 weeks or at least until after I shampoo it a couple of times. . it'll lighten up a bit. I told him I wanted to go close to my natural color, that I wanted a dark, rich brown. Well, it IS dark brown. Oh well. At least it's shiny and smooth.

Stephen's adventures continue, as well. He is now in Boston. He and Greg went to Harvard Square to eat tonight, and tomorrow they do the tourist thing. Tomorrow night, they are excited about going to a Red Sox game.

For us, tomorrow holds the promise of. . . (drum roll, please) the circus!!! Fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the trip to Houston! Seriously...no stops?!

And I totally agree...I'm constantly thinking I want Ava to grow up, no wait--stay little, no grow up! It's so fun to watch them grow, but I get so wistful about her littleness!