Saturday, July 7, 2007

One Word: LASIK

Yes, I got LASIK yesterday!!! This is truly a dream come true for me!! I know that sounds so corny, but I have been wearing my glasses all the time since last October when my eyes became intolerant to contacts. I had to wait until 3 months after Hope was born to be eligible for the surgery and now. . it's done!!! I'm reluctant to share the depth of my feelings about how I've been looking over the last 10-11 months--first because I even hate to articulate it and second, because I don't won't anyone to feel the need to correct me! So, just I'll just leave it that the last year of my life has-I think-been one of the least attractive--second only to my 12-13the year when I had huge hair that I did not know how to fix, big huge-framed peach glasses, and a chubby body that had not yet lost the "baby-weight" that would come off by itself my freshman year of high school! (I couldn't even find a picture of myself at 13 because so few exist--which proves my point! That, and the fact that the digital pictures I have don't go back before 1998 :)). But now at long last--step one to getting back to the "real me" is done!!! Yeah!!!! Now I won't feel like I should be going to bed at any minute (because that's the ONLY time I've worn my glasses since I was 13 and got contacts!). LASIK itself was an interesting process. The surgery was truly pain-free, but I was uncomfortable last night. This morning, though, I woke up feeling great! No pain. . no discomfort. . and I can SEE!!!! I know there is a definite spiritual lesson in all this "seeing" for me, and I'm still mulling over it. . maybe I'll share once I figure it out exactly. . .

So. . . next time you see me, I'll be glasses-and contact-free!!! Hallelujah!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Curt had that surgery several years ago and I know how much he loved being free of contacts. I'm very happy for you! I know you don't want to hear it, but I think you are 100% gorgeous all the time!

Anonymous said...

You are always a SHINING STAR, glasses or not, but I have to say, CONGRATULATIONS! I bet you are so thrilled! I am very excited for you!
Lori