Sunday, July 15, 2007

Good Times

I'm so glad it's summer! We are just soaking up all the good times with friends and family near and far. . . and because school doesn't start until Aug. 27th, we're only half-way through!

So. . .we DID go to the circus yesterday. I have lots of pictures, but I can't figure out how to get them off the camera and onto the computer here at my parents' house, so I'll post them another day. Anyway, the circus was oodles of excitement. It wasn't like I remember it, but I had only been one other time when I was about 7--and that was just awhile back, ya know! THAT story goes down in Zmarzly history because our car "blew up" while we were in the circus (according to legend). As we were looking for a place to park, that dark, rainy night so very long ago, our car (which was really my grandparents' car that we were driving with some friends) was smoking and over-heating. We parked and went into the circus. When we came out, the car was GONE. All that was left was my mom's Big Gulp cup, sitting all alone on the asphalt. Turns out, the car had "blown up", the wrecker had been called along with my dad (who obviously wasn't with us), and the car had been towed away. Remember this was WAY B.C.--before cell-phones! Okay, so yesterday, no cars blew up as far as I know, but we (my mom, my sister, M, J, and I) did have a marvelous time. Madison really liked the elephants and trapeze artists, and Jackson really liked the motorcycles that do this amazing trick. SEVEN of them were riding simultaneously in a spherical cage. CRAZY! She got an elephant, he got a motorcycle, they each got a snow-cone in a special cup, and I got $65 poorer on souvenirs!!!! YIKES!! Thank you, Mama, for supporting our circus endeavors.

Today we gallivanted about town in the style of the olden days when people went "visiting" on Sunday afternoons. We went from the Matte's (see below), to Maw-Maw's house (where we got to see Uncle Will and cousins Morgan and Luke--PRECIOUS!!), and to Lee-La's house (Stephen's great-grandmother--where we also got to visit with Aunt Mary Ann). So. . . it was a delightful day of good ole visiting.

Last bit of news from the home-front: Stephen came home early from his trip. Sadly, Greg's grandad is not doing well, and he's needed in LA, so they come home this morning (instead of Wed.). We are super happy to have him home already, but sad to hear the Matte's sad news. It worked out B-eautifully to pick the guys up from the airport, take Greg home, hug Kelly and Grayson, and head to Katy. So, there. . that's our weekend.

On a final note, God has been teaching me some really sweet things lately, and I feel compelled to share. . maybe tomorrow :). It's so precious when you know you're His daughter and He is yours. I am blessed. You are blessed, too, friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm tagging you Star! Play my stupid game! Go to my blog for details.