Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Recent Pictures from Recent Events. . .


Stephen and baby Hope at camp in MO last week. This hat is just amazingly cute! :)


This is as the kids were coming in one morning. We love leading worship-through-song with the Smith Band at camp. What an honor and blessing for us!


This is right before Jackson's party on Sunday night. We had a double party with Jackson's buddy, Titus. He turned 3 last week, too, so his mom, Amber, and I thought this would be so fun. We had a Bob the Builder Party, and invited Titus and Jackson's friends from church (Daniel and Lauren; Kate, Ben, and Drew;Jackson J.; Campbell; Caleb and Hannah; Annalise) plus their parents and a few extra friends. Amber made the most wonderful appetizer veggie pizza, delicious cupcakes, and to-die-for cookie-dough cheese cake (from SCRATCH!!!). Stephen and I grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and had all the trimmings (including my friend Jamie's incredible spin art dip, a personal favorite). Though the weather didn't cooperate (it rained super hard in the late afternoon and left everything muddy and soggy), we still had a blast. .. just without the construction site (a.k.a. sand box) that was to have been a big hit of the party! Oh, well. . . the kids still had fun.


The 2 birthday boys at the big moment.


Stephen watching Jackson open his presents. . . a high lite of the party when you're a kid! :)


One of my favorite parts of the party was when the dads prayed for the birthday boys. I'm so thankful for the example of Stephen and other men (including Titus' dad, Vernon) who point the way to godliness for Jackson, my big 3-year old!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, your house is adorable!!! So open! Glad y'all had fun at the party!

Anonymous said...

The Smith family is just about
the sweetest!! I love all
the pics...
Cindy G.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was such a neat party! I'm so sad we had to miss it.

Anonymous said...

I love your house and I love Hope's hat! I've never seen a hat like that! Sounds like a super-fun b-day celebration! Hope you got to have some of your own b-day fun somewhere in there too. :)