Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Maddie Girl is Growing Up!

I thought I'd just share a few observations about my sweet Madison that I made yesterday. .

*She slept until 9:00 o'clock. This is a completely new development this summer. Never in her life has she really slept past 7:30 or so on her own.

*Mid-morning, she decided to clean out my box of nail supplies--ON HER OWN!! She sorted the polishes, tools, and nail files into 3 different baggies and arranged them just so in the plastic box. AND she was very pleased with herself! (She IS my daughter, after all :) ).

*After we ran our errands, I dropped her off at her piano teacher's house. It's just still kind of strange to me that I can just drop her off like that. . .

*Later in the afternoon, when I typically ask her to work in her "Summer 2nd Grade Book", she worked and worked--doing way more that what is required--and seeming to enjoy it! She was reading so well, answering comprehension questions, doing double digit addition, and more! AMAZING!! She also read her new library books for about 20 minutes--really reading!

*In the evening, she invited her friend who lives behind us to come spend the night. She came over, and they just had a ball. They painted their fingernails (on a big towel in her closet so that Jackson wouldn't bother them!), watched a movie in her bed on our little portable DVD player (thank you, Maw Maw), and went on to sleep at 11:00 without any problems!

She is really growing into a beautiful, responsible, caring young lady. Two people complimented her yesterday. One was the owner of the cleaners that we use. He said that she was so happy and well-behaved. The other was our neighbor. When she dropped her daughter off last night, she said that Madison is a true friend who is always so kind. I feel the same way about her daughter, too! We are thankful for their friendship.

I'm so grateful for God's hand on her life. I'm still praying that I will know for sure that SHE knows for sure that she is in God's family. But for now, she has a simple faith that God loves her.. and He does. . even more than I love her. . .Thank you, Jesus, for my Maddie girl. May she always be secure in Your love for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh sweet Maddie! What wonderful observations!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! You are blessed, my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Sister!! She is a reflection of the two of you...which is a reflection of Christ...of course she is precious!