Thursday, February 21, 2008

We're Here!!!!

We are in Houston. . .we are doing well. . and we finally have Internet again. Yippee!! I've missed blog world.  So much has happened in a week, that I don't think I could type it all, but one thing I will say is that God is good.  He has been giving us grace upon grace to meet each day's challenges.

My Jackson started school at FBA on Wednesday and described it as "perfect"! He is so adventurous, friendly, and has jumped in full force. (I also started reading Dobson's Bringing Up Boys today! :)  )

My sweet Maddie started at FBA on Tuesday. She is hanging in there with courage and perseverance. I have been praying my heart out everyday for her as she encounters new experiences and people and expectations each day.  She is still suffering from the cold that has had so many of us down--so she doesn't feel her best in the middle of all these changes! Poor baby!  On Monday, they had a holiday, and our friend, Allison, organized a playdate for the second grade girls. What a huge blessing! She had about 8 familiar faces on Tuesday morning! Her teacher is sweet and kind, and she's settling in pretty well.  Academically, she's facing some challenges--they've already learned all the lower-case letters in cursive--and she'd only learned 4 of them! AND the homework is a bit overwhelming. . .but we are confident that He who has called us will provide everything we need! She finished the week strong and told me today that the girls like her! :) I'm so happy to hear her that her confidence is up and she's feeling accepted--and liked! Hallelujah!
I am so extremely proud of Stephen! I am in awe of the annointing and grace and wisdom and discernment and leadership that God is giving him moment by moment. He has worked so hard this week and is enjoyng some R&R this weekend. I love him so much and his absolutely biggest cheerleader. 
We had a near perfect Saturday today. . I got to sleep late--til 8:30--again, Hallelujah! Then the girls and I wend to get Madison a Brownie vest while Stephen took Jackson to get a haircut. Yes, Madison is joining the Brownies-the have their meetings on Monday--and she will be there in her cute brown vest!
After our errands, we met up at Memorial park and had a ball! The kids played and played. The weather was perfect, and it was one of those days made to be outside.  Here are some pics.



We are looking forward to our first Sunday at First tomorrow morning. We're going to be in "observation" mode--walking the halls and getting to talk to people. We are super excited. . .I better head off and get my beauty sleep!  Ha! Ha! Good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the move went well. I will be praying for all of you as you try to find the calm and peace of the chaos of getting back to a normallcy. The pics from the park are precious! Love your family!

Anonymous said...

glad you guys are back in houston!
this town has lots of good mexican food to offer you (and lots of other good qualities... and people) but mostly the food.
ha
hope we get to see you all at some point!
i've been wanting to check out the hfbc school someday as an option for our kids.
glad to hear your kids transitioned well, too!

Anonymous said...

We miss you!!!
I am so glad everything is working out, though!
We'll see you soon, I'm sure!