Friday, February 1, 2008

Goodbyes and Hellos

I'm in the no-man's land of impending change.  The move is coming, coming.  It's painful saying good-bye to friends here.  It's exciting to look ahead to hello with friends and family there.  These are 2 symbols of change.. . .the good-bye of boxes (I've officially packed 5 boxes--3 to de-clutter our house for showing purposes and 2 for Houston) and the hello of some "welcome" roses from the staff wives at HFBC.  The flowers have certainly brightened my week. . I think I could get used to having a vase of fresh flowers all the time! :)  






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Star, remember me? Here's a hint...you were one of Chase's favorite HFBC day camp counselors over 12 years ago! Yep, Chase is going to be 17 this year! Can you believe it? You have no idea how excited I am to hear that you guys are moving back to Houston! I am looking forward to seeing you guys!
Kelly Fisher

Anonymous said...

not gonna lie! I am really sad! This post made my heart cry and at the same time thrilled for you to be entering such a loving group of wives! Still though...tears are not far!

Anonymous said...

Martha Stewart flowers are the best ones out there. Can't wait to have you at HFBC! It was good to talk to you last week. Praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for y'all to come back! I get excited every time I think about it!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers from an amazing group of women! We can't wait to have the Smith's with us at HFBC. I know there is a lot involved with a move like this, including saying good-byes - for you and your kids also. Know that you are in our prayers, and have been since before we knew that it was you we were praying for. See you soon!
Colossians 1:9

Anonymous said...

That's awesome about going back to Houston for you and your family! I have been out of touch, with moving and no internet connection, but glad to hear things are going well with all of you. Hope is getting so big and I enjoyed the pictures from that wedding...Jackson looks so much like Stephen!

Anonymous said...

We are so EXCITED that you are getting to come back to first...look forward to seeing you soon...and praying for ya'lls transition from there to here...

Love you guys...

The ALtics