Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Moving Day

is tomorrow!! Oh-my-goodness! I can't believe that it's here.  I have been sooo sick since last Wednesday--and finally today I'm somewhat better.  In other words, I had done NOTHING to prepare for our move since last Tuesday!!! I am so serious! I have been in bed every possible minute--in between FBC Grapevine's D-Now (Smith Band sang this weekend) and our last Sunday at FBCI. One word-brutal.  

Praise the Lord I felt better today.  I managed to pack A LOT.  Somehow I'll finish tomorrow--before 3 pm when we head out.

I'm feeling a little sentimental about saying goodbye to Boundbrook Lane and all it represents to me.  I have a thankful heart for all that the Lord has done in Irving.  Two hugely personal things come immediately to mind-Hope's birth and Madison's salvation. . . and much more than I can unpack right now.

So.. . tomorrow it's hello Houston! For now--I'll finish American Idol! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Star, We are going to miss the Smith family so much here in Irving! I can't even tell you. I can't really think about it. You guys have been such a huge blessing to our church. I have enjoyed so much becoming friends. I hope tomorrow goes so well and hopefully I will see you soon! I love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move and welcome back to Houston! :)

Anonymous said...

Come to us Come to us..... I am running a 1/2 marathon this weekend in Austin so I will be out of town which means Andy will be in Houston all by himself.... Tell Stephen to call him if yall need help. Seriously.... i am so glad to have some old but new friends in Houston!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you got here safely and get a wonderful night of rest in your new home. I can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Star! You have been on my heart so much today! I could not remember when you said you were moving, but new it was soon. I hope it all went smoothly and that settling in won't take too long! Love ya'll!

Speaking of American Idol - I actually saw Blake Lewis in Seattle this last time! He walked right passed our party at a restaurant! :)

Anonymous said...

Please let us know how we can help. I am not sure where you are living but it can't be too far from us! So excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great move! You are going to love H-town again! (Although we will miss you a ton!)

Anonymous said...

So, is the blog going to change to inthejunglewhere610meetsI10.blogspot.com?