Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Tribute to Melody

Good morning. Well, a few days ago I totally laughed out loud when I got an email from Melody saying that I put a picture on my blog of her with a mad-face, and that I made her sound like a cry baby!!! (She was teasing me, of course.) Anyone who know our family very well knows that historically, I am the one who can be found crying at ANY maybe cry-worthy (or not) situation! Melody, historically, has more self-control, saving her crying for truly cry-worthy situations! So. . . it was noteworthy, in our family, for HER to cry and not me on Mother's Day!!! But it got me thinking. .. so today I'm including some lovely pictures of my BEAUTIFUL sister, and I want to say a few of the things that I admire and love about her.

Melody. . . .
I love how LOYAL you are to your family and friends. You can always be counted on to be there for your family. Your group of "girls" is so special, and I think it's awesome how ya'll stick together.
I love how you are always willing to COME-THROUGH for the people you care about.
I love how you are a HARD-WORKER. You have amazing expectations for yourself--and you achieve them.
I love how you are HONEST, never decietful in the slightest, about your thoughts and feelings.
I love how COURAGEOUS you are. Leaving the corporate world and getting your teaching certificate was a bold step. I'm proud of you!
I love how SMART you are. Oh, my goodness! You're smart!
I love how much FUN you are. You're always up for a movie or a puzzle or a game. . .
I love how you're a MOMMY. Just knowing that Caden Joseph Lilley is growing inside you makes me smile!
I love what a great AUNT you are. Thank you for loving my children. Thank you for being willing to play with them!
I love what a great WIFE you are. It's been so sweet to watch you and Nathan grow in your relationship over the last several years.
I love how you're a TEACHER. I know your students adore the lovely Mrs. Lilley! Even the tough ones. You are an excellent teacher of little minds.
I love how your WORK OUT! You are truly and inspiration to me!!
I love how your FAITH IN GOD shines. Walking through life's struggles hasn't always been easy, but you have trusted God's plan. This has been an encouragement to me.
Melody Summer Lilley. . . I love that your name rolls off the tongue like a song.



Look how cute! Melody as a toddler. I'm pretty sure this was 1982.

Melody with Madison on the 4th of July 2000.


Melody and Jackson at the beach Labor Day 2006.


Melody and her awesome husband, Nathan.


Melody and me a few years ago.

No comments: