Friday, May 25, 2007

Gymnastics. . .


Thursday afternoon Madison and her class of gymnasts, displayed their skills for a captive audience of parents and various family members. Wow. It was an accomplishment for our family to have made it through an entire year of getting there on Thursdays from 4:30 - 5:30! What can I say about our first gymnastics experience? Well, Madison had fun! She absolutely smiled and bounced her way through each and every class. She did a great job at the program yesterday, she felt good about it, too. Stephen and I are really proud of her. We're not sure what we'll do next year. . . not sure what will be Madison's thing~her passion and pleasure that she'll want to stick with. We're going to try piano lessons this summer. . we'll see. . .here's our girl showing us her stuff!! :)





On a different note, I've been wanting to give you this AMAZING recipe. It's from the Dove's Nest in Waxahachie, and I'm telling you, you will not be disappointed. It's easy and yummy! I made a huge salad with field greens, apples, dried cranberries, candied pecans, feta, and grilled chicken one night for supper, and Stephen and I loved it. Enjoy!

The Dove's Nest Balsamic Maple Vinaigrette
(The measurements in parentheses are about 1/3 the original measurements. This made plenty for us.)

1 cup balsamic vinegar (2 1/2 ounces)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup (1 ounce)
1/4 cup minced shallots (2-3 Tablespoons)
3 cups olive oil (1 cup)
2 teaspoons salt (1/3 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon pepper (1/3 teaspoon)

Combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake together. Chill. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephen and Starr-
I enjoyed flipping through the blog and seeing that little Hope was born to you all in March! I also have a blog that I keep updated pretty often, I hope you will check it out. It was great seeing you all about Passion earlier this year, and again, many blessings to you on the birth of Hope. She is precious!! Please keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh can't wait to try the recipe. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there to see Madison's wonderful cartwheel!