Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday

We had a delicious and fun Friday night. Can you say "2 desserts"? Well, that's how it ended. It started with a stop at Houston's to eat. Now, I absolutely love their grilled chicken salad with that peanut dressing. Oh, my goodness! But. . not exactly a place for a family of 5.  . . so we left there and went to Amazon Grill. Now--it is in the restaurant family with America's and Churrasco's--2 of my all-time favorite Houston eateries--and it did not disappoint. 
We ordered 2 kids meals, 2 entrees, and a dessert--their delightful table-top smores maker. It is so yummy! Well, then, we discovered that the kids meals come with (drum roll, please) GRAPE COTTON CANDY. Wow! It was actually really tasty. . .so we just basked in our sugar high. Happy Spring Break to us! :)
Jackson thoroughly enjoyed the smores, and was fascinated with the fire. Are all boys little pyros? He really only wanted to burn the marshmallows--eating then was just not necessary!


On the way home, in the context of a conversation I'll spare you, I said "What do you think it will be like to ride in the car with one of your own friend's driving?" Now, this is new conversation territory--we haven't talked about this before that I can remember. Jackson's immediate response was "No. I'll be driving MY friends. They can ride with ME!" What is it with boys and driving?
I'm reading Dobson's Bringing Up Boys, and I am (again) amazed at God's design of boys--my boy! He is in the stage where he continually identifies with Stephen as a male. He says it all the time---"Dad, we're boys. Mom, Maddie, and Hope-y are girls. We're boys." This is completely new and wonderful territory, and I am savoring my front-row seat to the unfolding of the way God designed my little boy!
We're having Madison's 8 year old B-Day party tomorrow. I just can't believe that she's actually 8!! I'll have an "8 is Great" post real soon with all the party pics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...we love amazon grill...cilantro dressing can't be beat...sorry we missed you in h-town...friday was traumatic, we gave chuy to my aunt (long story)

Anonymous said...

Please do an interview with Madison like you did last year! That was so fun!