Friday, September 21, 2007

Praise be to God!

He has called my Maddie girl to Himself! She has answered in faith--to be a follower of Jesus! I know many friends and family have joined me in fervently praying for her salvation this summer. God is faithful!

Over the last month we've had more frequent conversations about salvation, and about a month ago, she said that she wasn't ready to become a Christian because she knew that it was such an important decision. She didn't want to just make it easily. I, of course, did not push her. I was glad that she wasn't rushing it . she was seriously weighing this decision.

Over the last week, she's initiated conversations with Stephen and/or me everyday, and Wednesday after church she told me she was ready. In my spirit, I felt a true peace, too. This was HER deal. . she understood what she was doing! She talked to Stephen Thursday, and we set a plan to talk all together after school today. This morning, just about her first words were "can we still pray after school for me to ask Jesus in my heart?".

So. . after school, God mercifully let Jackson take a NAP on the couch (a truly first time event--a miracle), Hope was in her bed, and Stephen, Madison, and I sat on our bed to talk. We asked her questions (again) about what it means to be a Christian. She described that she had a black heart--and how awful it felt! She said it feels like when you get a shot, and then you fall in the mud and hurt it, and nothing you can do can get all the mud off! Only Jesus can wash the mud off and heal the bo-bo. Then she said she now has a pink heart--which meant she was between red (understanding Jesus' blood can cover her) and white (washed clean). It was a precious, simple conversation. We read several scriptures from Romans, particularly about believing in your heart and confessing with your mouth that Jesus is LORD--the leader of your life!

She said that she was ready. She wanted to pray and ask Jesus to be the leader of her life so that she can follow him. We prayed together. . . and a baby Christian was born right before our eyes! Thank you, God!

There aren't words! My heart is so full of thanksgiving! He called her. . she responded in faith. She said, "I know Jesus is calling my name." Hallelujah!

She excitedly made a few phone calls and hollared over the fence to our neighbors! :)

Thank you, sweet friends and family, who have joined me in praying for Maddie. Please continue. . :) The journey is beginning. A whole new chapter of her life is beginning. She's just so sweet and gentle and kind and funny and clever. . and a CHRISTIAN!!! Thank you, God!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! I am tearing up big time for you guys. Praise the Lord. i can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful, sweet news! I can only imagine what joy fills your hearts. It makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it... How I pray to have a moment like that with each of our girls! Love you!

Anonymous said...

God is good! I'm glad I have another sister in Christ!

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine what it feels like to have that conversation with a daughter. Praise the Lord for calling her name and for her sweet and sincere faithfulness to answer His call.

Anonymous said...

The Lord is so faithful!!! I can't wait to watch Maddie grow to know Him more!!! You guys are such fabulous images of Christ too!!! She will have a great model to watch!

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely crying over this! How precious! Bless God for such a sweet day of salvation - may He allow the Word and His Spirit to flourish in your sweet Madison! I'm so thankful for each you.....give her such a big hug for me!

Anonymous said...

star...how beautiful this is!
your story of Maddie made me excited to do this with my own kids one day.
praise God!

Anonymous said...

Praise Him!!! Wow! I am so excited for your family! What a huge blessing! I am excited for the journey God has for her...even at her age! Huge things can come from a 7 1/2 year old and I'm excited God is a part of her life so early!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome news!
way to go Maddie!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! That is amazing news! I can't even imagine how proud you were!
YEAH!