Thursday, September 13, 2007

Book Club


I am so excited about something that started last night at our church. . our very first ladies book club! Since I'm such a reader, this is right up my alley! We are reading an amazing book for moms called Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman. It is AWESOME! The whole premise is to re-format your thinking as a mom to use scripture to train your children and to use scripture to probe the hearts of your children. I was blown away that we had 19 ladies there last night, and I know of at least 4 more that are reading it with us, too! AMAZING!!! God is doing a new thing in the hearts of our women at FBCI. My sweet friend and partner in so many projects, Amber, made a blog for our book club, and you are welcome to check it out at http://firstirvingbookclub.blogspot.com/. If you know of more moms who might want to read it along with us, pass this on. It is NOT a big time-commitment, and it is NOT workbook/homework style, and it IS powerful! We are praying for great things!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Star! I am so sad I am missing the fellowship time with you guys, but I am definitely planning on following the blog and book from home. It sounds incredible. Hopefully I can catch the next book.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Sweet--

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would love to read it with y'all...

Anonymous said...

I was just catching up on your blog and saw you were reading this book. I read it a few years back since a Titus 2 woman recommended it to me...I have loved it and passed it on to so many friends. Hope you are enjoying it!