Thursday, November 29, 2007

These hands are made for building




My Jackson is "all boy" as they say. He was in the backyard A LOT yesterday working on his "building site" (that's what he calls it). What was he building? A building, of course.

What will he build with these precious hands through the years? Only God knows. As I assisted in the building, sitting out in the sunshine with my son, I just kept hearing the phrase "build the kingdom" and I just kept praying that Jackson's life and his precious hands will build God's kingdom. He is so full of imaginative possibilities. . .he wants to be a mechanic one moment, a "knuckle fighter" the next (that would be a boxer!), a drummer in a band (currently called "The Little Smith Band") or a tractor-driver. I'm so glad that God sees the end from the beginning. He knows why he created boys--and my boy!--with this inner drive to BUILD. So. . I'm back to wondering what he'll build with those hands of his? Only God knows. And I can't wait to see.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is precious!

Anonymous said...

VERY precious post!! :)

Anonymous said...

He is precious!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite posts, Star - I love little boys, and dirt, and trucks, and hard hats.....and I miss mine.....He is absolutely precious, and I'm so thankful you share him with us! I remember when you told me you were expecting Jackson - I miss you guys so much. Happy happy Christmas season to you all......
much love, nancy

Anonymous said...

whoa i haven't seen this little guy in so long...he looks like a little man...so handsome!