Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Weekend

I'm always glad when the weekend comes. Sometimes I think this is a bit odd since I don't work a 9 - 5 job away from home, but somehow, when (Friday), Saturday, and Sunday roll around, the pace of the day is just a bit different. Some weekends are project oriented, some are about relaxing, some are busy and play-full, and some are a mixture of all three. This weekend we did projects (Stephen continued working on the new front-porch columns, I continued the never-ending clean-out-the-garage project), and we rested (took a huge nap this afternoon!). We also played outside a lot. The kids love playing in the new sand box with our neighbors and eating popsicles! Hope and I laid in the hammock and enjoyed ourselves immensely! So. . .here we are on Saturday night. . .ready for church tomorrow.. . asking God to work powerfully in the people of our church. . .to use us in His mercy. . and to speak to our hearts, especially our children. I'm praying in faith for Madison's salvation this summer. Jesus, call my girl's name, and let her respond to you!!




Sweet Madison. She had her first piano lesson on Friday and absolutely loved it! She can already play 2 songs! :)

Jackson was a big help to Stephen and Paw Paw on the

front porch columns! :) Is he cute, or what!?

Paw Paw with the kids on the new sand box.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for challenging me to pray for Will's salvation this summer as well. I was 7 when I prayed to receive Christ.
I'm glad y'all had such a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

"Jesus, call my girl's name" That gave me goosebumps all over.

Anonymous said...

We are praying with you!!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand - weekends DO feel different. I love all the pics! Your prayers for Madison will be answered - "The prayers of a righteous man (or woman) availeth much!" I'll be praying with you for her. Love you!